Educational Start-ups in India
Education in India has gone through a transformation and we can witness it. People are letting go the brick and mortar arrangement and students are embracing smart learning in their tablets and laptops. Below we have some of the educational start-ups which are creating waves in India and are transforming education. India suffers from a skewed pupil-to-teacher ratio that continues to rise; it compromises the learning experience for students in schools. To counter this skewness, technology-driven learning apps are using gaming elements such as point-scoring, interaction with others, personalization, and data-driven insights to enhance the learning process for students and sharpen their basics in various subjects. These apps are known for their features that enable students to perform better in classrooms.
Edtech startups are emerging as a major business industry in India. The education sector in India was estimated at US$ 91.7 billion in FY18 and was expected to reach $101.1 Billion in FY19 and the edtech market is expected to reach $4 billion by 2025.
8 Edtech Start ups in India
1. Leverage Edu
Leverage Edu helps the students by using various AI tools and mentorship products. It helps them through the admission guidance, job ready guidance and one to one career advice.
- Career counselling from experts.
- It provides exclusive scholarships.
- Educational loans.
- Help on housing and other value added services
forex /VISA, and more, through multiple global partnerships.
- It provides two unique programs known as Leverage Membership & Leverage Career Accelerator Programs which provides access to various matter which helps the students in getting more knowledge on exam preparation, preparation for interviews etc.
The name itself describes the work done by the company. It makes the admission process easier with its hassle free no-paper method, which normally wastes a lot of time and paper. It partners with the universities and makes the admission process transparent. It helps in the whole admission process, not only for the students, but to the institutes also, who can work towards lead management, lead nurturing up to user management etc. As of now, the company has partnered with more than 192 institutions and claims to have handled 350K+ queries with 1.2 Mn+ applications received. It also provides a cloud telephony method, which verifies the lead record from calls and forms.
It involves a gaming pattern and encourages students to play them with instant results and feedback. Teachers can also use their own content or choose from those given. Different quizzes in which students can play individually or as a group.
- Assignments can also be given which can be solved by the students.
- Memes are also present which make the learning interesting for them.
- Live webinars are conducted to resolve the issues faces by students.
- Reports are generated time-to-time in order to track progress.
- Videos can be viewed and accessed in any device anytime.
- Teachers forming their own quizzes have many options in creating the quiz according to various selections like pace of the student, level of difficulty etc.
Smartivity is working in the field of STEM( Science Technology Engineering Math).It hopes in eveolving this field with the help of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality, Robotics, Blended Learning activities.
- It is based for children from the age of 3 years to 14 years of age.
- Spell-English, Link Dunk Vibrating Basketball and Slippery Slopes Friction Puzzle, Magico are some of the STEM products released by the company.
- It has also lined up, 24 new STEM educational Do-It-Yourself toys.
- Videos and games can be viewed in any device.
Byju’S has become a household name now. Everyone knows Byju Raveendran, the founder of it. They make edu learning videos for students of all classes.Their explanation are in such a manner that it makes it easy for the students to understand even difficult concepts easily. They have a team of intructors and various teaching techniques which are helpful in learning process, and make even a boring topic fun to understand.
- Various plans are available, which the students can take, depending on their requirement.
- Videos can be viewed in any device.
- They offer counselling, coaching and short cut methods for competitive exams like CAT, JEE, NEET etc. and arrange sessions for them too.
- Chapter-wise tests are offered with feedback and analysis facility.
- Personal mentors are also provided for individual attention.
Initially launched as a YouTube channel, and then became a successful educational platform providing education through a technological platform. It contains various subjects and famous personalities like Kiran Bedi have also come on unacademy to provide knowledge to the learners.
- It is available in around 10 Indian languages.
- It provides unlimited access to all of its content to its subscribed learners.
- It contains content on each and every topic, schools and competitive exams also ranging from IIT- JEE to TET.
- It also includes content for personal and skill development programs.
- Its app provides smooth animation and navigation, and loads faster even on low speed internet.
Edugorilla is an Edutech platform which offers interactive Collective Intelligence model to make the student’s learning easier. It provides each and every help regarding exams, exam related counselling and also compares schools and coaching provided in it along with the fee structure and other admission details.
- It offers an interactive Q/A platform where the learner can ask for any doubt.
- Institutes are also registered in it, and can provide the details to the students regarding courses provided, fee structure, eligibility etc.
- Its test series with ready question bank is also available on Snapdeal and Amazon.
- Its wide range of topics available for preparation and approach towards the students has played an important role for becoming famous.
Vedantu provides personalized education from the comfort of home and focuses on live online teaching. Thus, a student gets the attention of a teacher to himself and can focus better. Personalized teaching helps the student in knowing better and student can ask doubts at the same time, which can be resolved instantly.
- Vedantu believes in live lectures as they provide better understanding to the students and keep them motivated.
- It offers registration facility for the teachers also, who would be interested in teaching the students.
- It offers web and app facility for multiple devices.
- It offers material for competitive exams like revision notes, mock tests along with its live tutoring facility.
- The most unique feature of it is they provide the student teacher according to the requirement and choice of the student.
- Its helpful articles help the students understand and get rid of exam fear.
This completes the list of leading edtech companies in India. Even though the Indian education system is undergoing a seismic shift, Indians still have to deal with outdated methods of teaching and inefficient learning techniques. The system also fosters unhealthy competition among students. Edtech startups are gradually changing all of this for the better.
What should a company keep in mind when outsourcing work?
Project and project management are the most important parts of any company as both of them drive the institution. Management includes all kinds.....
Mandatory Features of an Educational Website/ App
Finding, building and using an app or a website is not new or a big thing in today’s time. People have been using numerous apps and websites for.......
Top 10 Marketing Tools For Business
If you have an incredible product or service concept, you have plenty of affordable and user-friendly tools to reach new audiences and market your brand.........